Wow, another year has come and gone in the blink of an eye! I've seen a lot of people celebrating their birthdays with their readers by sharing a list of things about themselves that they may not know.
I decided to hop on the bandwagon and will be sharing 28 things about myself!
1. I used to cheer competitively for Austin Cheer Factory and have several National Championships under my belt. I wanted to cheer at UT, but the idea of cheering in college went out the window when I decided Texas A&M was the best fit for me (they don't have a collegiate cheer team).
2. I was a Diamond Darling at Texas A&M - If you don't know what that is, they're basically the bat girls at the games. You apply/try out for it and I was honored to be apart of such a great organization that put the community and baseball first.
3. I never wanted kids until I met Nick - it's true! Now I'm all in love and want 3 kids. Nick says we're only having 2..but I can be very convincing.
4. This is my first birthday away from home. I'm big on family and have always spent my birthdays with friends and family. Now Nick and I are starting our own little family and it's time to spend it with them in Arizona!
5. I have one sibling, Derek, and we are about 8 years apart. He's amazing and such a sweetheart. He's also Instagram Famous in the football world. (See @nationalmockdrafts)
6. My favorite candies are Twix bars and Sour Patch watermelon! I actually went through a phase where I had twix bars and red bull for breakfast everyday, oops.
7. I'm a very quick thinker, worker, planner, ect. I like everything done at a very fast pace, because that's how I operate. When it comes to my job I like to work at a high pace, but that doesn't mean I don't do it right. I like things done, and I like them done right the first time. I'm very particular about this.
8. I love gift giving! Giving gifts literally brings me so much joy, I can't even explain it. This is how I show people I care about them. This isn't because I believe people can be bought, no. I like to get people really thoughtful gifts that they will enjoy and wouldn't buy for themselves.
9. I'm a huge planner. I love my planner to death! It might as well be a diary. I never throw them away either. I have a special place for all of them, weird I know.
10. I collect magnets. Anytime a family member, friend, or coworker goes on a trip, I always ask them to bring me back a magnet from their trip. I love seeing the fun ones they pick out and having them from all over the world. I keep them on my file cabinet at work and on our fridge at home.
11. I learned this past year that I get home sick very easily. I have grown really attached to our apartment, because there's so much love and memories in that place. I think when I lived alone I didn't really care about it, but the more traveling I've done, I realize how much I love our home.
12. I have zero patience. Remember how I said I operate very quickly, well this leaves me with no patience - something I'm really trying to work on, but it's easier said than done.
13. My favorite food is Sushi. I could eat sushi everyday and lucky for me, so could Nick!
14. I enjoy eating out, a lot. I would prefer to eat out every night than cook any day. I'm also picky about where we eat out. Not picky about types of food (I'll usually eat whatever), I'm picky about the type of place we're eating at. It needs to be a nice sit down restaurant where I can enjoy the company, food, and wine!
15. Something you probably already know is that we have a golden retriever named Parker. I also had 2 other dogs that I gave to my parents, Khalifa (yes like the rapper) and Zona (like Arizona).
16. I named Zona after the Arizona Dbacks, because I was a huge fan of them before I met Nick.
17. I have tattoos that I never show. Psalms 23:1 on the back of my neck and Proverbs 3:5-6 on my ribs. They're my favorite verses and if you don't know them, go check them out!
18. I was obsessed with Laguna Beach and Lauren Conrad when I was younger and I would die when anyone told me I looked like Lauren in high school. I kid you not, I would take pictures of her to salons and tell them to wax my eyebrows like hers! What can I say, she's gorgeous!
19. I was born and raised in Austin, Texas and Nick and I plan to raise our family there.
20. I'm a very stressed person. In general I stress A LOT. About everything too. I over think a lot and it gets the best of me. Most people work out to alleviate stress, but I shop. I fully believe in retail therapy or a steep glass of wine.
21. Speaking of working out, I HATE IT!! I really do want to get better about it, but right now working out isn't for me. Maybe I'll start working out for the wedding, but not this second lol
I watch what I eat to stay the same weight and that's always worked for me.
22. I'm very close with my parents. Nick and I see them often and I love how they are some of my best friends as well as the best parents a girl could ask for. Ps. I'm a huge Daddy's girl and I'm going to ball like a baby when I see him for the first time at our wedding.
23. I enjoy working. I really do enjoy having a job and being productive, but I'm ready to be able to travel with Nick during season full time. I know I said I get home sick easily, but being away from him is unbearable and our home will always be where we are together.
24. I wear myself out when it comes to work. I usually commit to too many things, schedule myself too many hours of Stitch Fix, and skip lunch everyday so that I can do more work. This is something I'm working on as well. I want to keep enjoying the idea of work, so I'm trying not to over exert myself.
25. I work for Stitch Fix as a Stylist and doing accounting for a company that manufactures electronic cigarettes world wide. I always assume people know this, but it's amazing how many people just think I hang out in coffee shops and blog or take pictures all week! But I guess that's instagram versus reality.
26. I do my hair and wear makeup about once a week. I love love love makeup, I just hate getting ready. I also have a closet full of clothes that I never wear or that I've only worn once or twice, because I live in Lululemon and wear that most of the time.
27. I think 28 will be my favorite age yet. Why? Because I'm getting MARRIED! I probably always say "this age will be the best yet," but how do you top marrying your best friend?
28. I don't feel 28. I feel 23 or 24 to be honest, and I hope I never lose that feeling! People make aging seem like such a bad thing, but I'm learning something new every year and I'm so thankful for all the years in this life!
I hope you guys enjoyed! Now it's time to celebrate my 28th in the fabulous city of Scottsdale, Arizona with friends and my future hubby!
And as always, you can shop my post by scrolling to the bottom of the page. Shoutout to my amazing friend and wedding photographer Tatyana Lee for the pictures!